The beautiful and somewhat eerie ruins of Kilchurn Castle lie on the northeastern shore of Loch Awe in Scotland. Its construction dating back to the 15th century, Kilchurn Castle was originally built on a tiny island. The loch’s water levels were changed in 1817 causing the island to connect to the mainland. While the oldest part of Kilchurn Castle was built in 1450 by Sir Colin Campbell, subsequent residents continued to add on to the castle until 1681. The Kilchurn Castle ruins are open to the public only during the summer months, via the A85 road.